Saturday, February 4, 2012

For my Greatest Love.

For it is a war, and it is often devastating.

For every piece of our hearts who lost the fight, who won it over, and who are still on the battlefield.
For my sweetest heartbeat and my deepest heartache.
For all the frontline soldiers.

February 4.

For the days that break in me, she gathers my pieces to make them whole again.
For when I forget to smile, she bakes a cake with her burning hands.
For every little accomplishment, she calls me her pride.
For every day she hurts, i will forever be scared.

For in her suffering she handed me not just a weapon, but a shield.
For all that i am, and all that i ought to be; all the faces i will meet and the places i would want to see.
I know, my greatest encounter is, and will always be, the woman who bore me.


Despite its cruel attack you have looked it in the eye, challenged its very existence, with a song and a smile.
For the years that passed, and your years to come.



For you are beautiful.
For you, i will always write.
For you are my greatest love.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving us the great pleasure of reading your amazingly beautiful writings... YOU are an artist Zee... I am proud of you.. i can imagine how proud SHE is... You have a great mum Zee fighting with a smile and making everyone around her smile... I know its not easy but you all are GREAT fighters in this world... and I am there for YOU forever... I am just a call away <3 love u!

    ReplyDelete