Friday, April 13, 2012

India.

I packed my bags and got on the plane.

India. What a dream for you to be coming true so soon.

Took a plane to Kuwait then one to beautiful India.
I was very floaty on the way, very disconnected, very uncertain, and completely out of touch with reality. I felt like I was leaving for a few days to the mountains and coming back soon enough.

I arrive to Mumbai airport and a river let its raging water flow on me.
Reality stepped up and rushed towards me while i was trying to swim my way against its tide.

First I waited patiently to be able to get my bag, then i realized i had to put up a fight for it. I got out of the airport, and there she was, Hitashi, with the sweetest smile and open arms.

I am in India.

We get in the car, see at this moment i want you to imagine someone, on slippery river grounds close to the edge of the waterfall where the water is at its harshest, trying to swim against the waves.

We get in the car and drive for 3 hours to Pune.

The water took over my entire system, pulling back my arms and strangling my legs while i am trying to lift myself above it just for a second to take in some air, but right when i was about to get to the surface, i was pulled down again. I couldn't let myself swim with the water. I couldn't. I was going to fall. I was not ready to fall yet. Not this soon. Not now.
I am going to drown if i have to, but not fall.

We arrive to the apartment, freshen up, pack a small bag and head to Goa.
We were four in the car Rinul, Paras, Hitashi and myself.

I got in the car and slept. I kept waking up every now and then.
Every time i fall in deep sleep, I wake up completely oblivious of my whereabouts.
(yes it is this serious. in case you were wondering)

Something like 9 hours later we arrive to Goa.
We get a shack at Sea Horse, get settled inside and then head to Curlies.

Did I say it was 4 of us? Well it was five of us.
Paper, Hitashi's dog, came along.
The most chilled out and welcoming dog i have met.

Curlies is a restaurant by the beach with the front facade completely open and facing the beach. Very easy and chilled out place with great seafood. We hung out in between two tables and mingled a little with each (something like we crashed two dates). We had dinner and then some of us napped (by some i mean all except for Hitashi and Paper) and then we went back to the shack.

Next day, we woke up and just went to the beach. I have never felt this rested this fast in a new place after 2 days of travel. It was so refreshing. The sweetest Aunty serving coconut juice, pineapple and mango... We spent the whole day at the beach with a full body massage, a great swim, prawns, beer, juice... It was beautiful.

Then we went back up to Curlies, sat on the table facing the beach, the breeze was so relaxing. We had dinner, and just chilled.

Next day we woke up and head to the beach yet again. Chilled all day then at around 7 we went to a psychedelic party in a place called "Hill Top". It was in between trees with black light and psychedelic drawings hung on the trees and drawn on their trunks. Colored lights were going on and off all around the dance area.
The Dj was set up under a huge tree. Everyone was very excited, the energy was great!
People were dancing, drinking, hanging out, eating
omelets and chocolate (maybe that was just us, but oh well.)

This is for my Malaysia people, I had another almost Jay-Jay encounter, 15 mins into it the cards were revealed, i had to make a run for it. Got a msg with a "lili" meaning "really". Hit me up for more details.

Moving on.

The party ended, and we drove back to the beach.

Next Day, went to the beach, and did all the beautiful things again.
Beach. Sun. And great energy.

We then packed and headed back to Pune.
The car ride which took us around 9 hours on the way there took almost 5 hours only.
It was bumpy, crazy and nauseating. A bad trip back after the most relaxing 3 days.

Got home. Crashed.

Goa is almost an expression of freedom.
You go there and momentarily you feel like you can just be.
The world around you does not stop. Nor do you silence the outside sounds.
But something about the way the place comes together, from the sand to the waters of the sea, gives justice to a simplicity that is often tangled up.
Something about that simplicity, not necessarily puts things into place, but gives meaning to the things even in their misplacement.

At this point I was hanging on the edge, holding on to the weakest tree branch hoping I wont fall. I tried to keep holding on, but my hands were slipping, there was nothing i could do.
My breath was caught up. My hands and feet were weary. I knew I was going to fall.

So, I just let go.

In India, you have to be ready to walk barefoot on the street, to taste the mix of spices, to encounter cows wherever you go, to live simply, even more, to live fully.

From where I stood, the fall felt impossible.
Its blessing came with its inevitability.


I let go, and the fall is breathtaking.
I dreamt of writing India, and now I am given the right to.




1 comment: